At NDK we have a zero-tolerance anti-harassment policy. Intentional Physical, Verbal and Sexual Harassment will result in permanent expulsion from the convention. We at NDK want everyone to feel safe, and it is important for everyone to respect each other’s personal space, and be kind and tolerant to one another.
Verbal harassment includes derogatory terms, hate speech, and all manners of verbal abuse. Hate speech is legally defined as: speech that is intended to insult, offend, or intimidate a person because of some trait (as race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability).
If you feel as if you’ve experienced verbal, physical, or sexual harassment, please report it to the nearest NDK staff member immediately.
How To Report:
You may report to any staff member directly:
- Any Staff member you see can be spoken to about a harassment issue.
- You will be escorted to a safe place, out of convention traffic.
- The staff member will contact a member of our Security team who is trained to take statements to help you out.
You may also report directly to our Operations Desk at any time:
- Our operations desk is open 24 hours per day at the convention.
- It is a quite, private place where anyone can report harassment of any kind.
- We have gendered, and non-binary persons who are available to take reports.
- Each reporting party will be listened to fully and respectfully.
You may report issues at any time either during or after the convention:
- You may use the Contact page, and choose the Security department to speak to one of our Security staff who is trained in taking statements.
Notes on Specific issues:
NDK cannot legally ban anyone from entering the con premises unless they commit the offense onsite at the convention itself -OR- there is a legal restraining order in place. If you have a restraining order in place, and wish to contact us before the convention regarding a concern, you may use our contact form for our security department.
Staff members (including leadership and NDK Directors) and Guests of Honor are also subject to the Anti-Harassment policy. If it is reported that a Staff member or a Guest has committed the harassment, that person question will be removed from the convention floor immediately, and will remain off the floor until the issue is handled. A member of RMAA’s Board of Directors will be directly handling situations of this manner.