Cosplay Photoshoot Information
NDK Grand Lodge Photography
In 2021, the Gaylord Rockies decided that NDK CANNOT hold scheduled/timed photoshoots during in the Grand Lodge.
- Therefore, all of the photoshoot areas previously designated, organized, and scheduled by NDK are no longer in effect.
- Attendees may still take photos throughout the Grand Lodge, but need to be respectful of other Hotel guests and especially to the Gaylord Staff who will be in the area.
NDK+Gaylord Photography Policy
The earlier requirement for all photographers to fill out paperwork to confirm proof of insurance prior to NDK has been lifted. The following policy is now in effect:
- Photographers are allowed to take photos in the resort’s public space using HAND-HELD equipment only. Equipment cannot extend greater than a 15 inch radius around or above the photographer or subject.
- Free-standing equipment is not permitted.
- Photographers and/or equipment cannot block any public area or impede the safe traffic flow of others (entrances, exits, hallways, etc.).
- Absolutely no set up of lighting with light stands, ladders, backdrops, large props/signs on the floor, running cords/wires across the floor, etc. will be allowed in public space areas.
- The use of drones is not permitted.
- Attendees and photographers are not permitted in the Back of House (back halls of the resort).
- It is not permitted to take photos of STARS (resort employees) or other hotel guests NOT attending Nan Desu Kan.
- Photography is not permitted in the pool area (Arapahoe Springs).
- Photographers and their subjects (attendees in costume) must also respect the hotel environment by not being disruptive or doing anything unsafe, including but not limited to:
- Standing on furniture
- Climbing on any rock formations or railings
- Climbing on the train caboose
- Getting into any water feature in the Grand Lodge
- Climbing on any bronze statues (horses at the front drive, elk in the grand lodge, etc)
- Hanging items from a light pole or any other part of the building
- All photographers MUST have valid Nan Desu Kan credentials (attendee badge).
Guests (NDK Attendees, or individuals photographing NDK Attendees) who violate these rules may be removed from the property at the convention’s discretion.