Want to cover NDK?
The Premier Anime Convention of the Rockies
NDK At A Glance
- With a total weekend attendance of more than 27,000 (more than 9,000 per day), Nan Desu Kan (a Japanese pun translating loosely to ‘what is it?’) is the largest and longest running anime convention in Colorado and 14 surrounding states (excluding Texas), as well as one of the top 20 largest anime conventions in the country.
- The Sheraton Denver Downtown has been NDK’s home since 2015.
- NDK 2018 is the convention’s 22nd year. It began in 1997 as a 200-attendee festival celebrating anime at the Tivoli on the Auraria college campus in Denver. In 2009, it was featured on CNN.
- NDK is sponsored by the Rocky Mountain Anime Association, a registered 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Meet the RMAA Board.
- Since 2000, NDK has sponsored a charity auction with 100 percent of the proceeds donated to a select organization. In 2011, NDK held a special one-day event for Japanese disaster relief, and matched all funds raised dollar-for-dollar. Rave2Save Japan raised $13,440 (included matched funds).
- A combined $180,000 has been donated to previous worthy recipients: the Japan America Society of Colorado, American Red Cross, Denver Dumb Friends League, Hurricane Harvey Relief, Extra Life, Susan G. Komen Foundation, the American Diabetes Association, Child’s Play, United Way Gulf Recovery Fund, the Japanese Red Cross, Aurora Victim Relief Fund, the American Heart Association, Stomp out Bullying, Colorado FIRST, and the Denver Dumb Friends League.
About Nan Desu Kan: Nan Desu Kan (NDK), the largest anime convention in the Rocky Mountain region (excluding Texas), provides a diverse mix of numerous cultural panels, musical guests, games, dances, workshops, art showings and auctions, as well as screenings of new and classic anime. Nan Desu Kan is sponsored by the Rocky Mountain Anime Association. NDK 2018 is August 31st- September 2nd at the Sheraton Denver Downtown, 1550 Court Place Denver, Colorado, 80202. Weekend passes are available online or at the door for $50. Pre-registration is highly recommended. For the latest news and programming information, visit http://ndkdenver.org.
About Rocky Mountain Anime Association: The Rocky Mountain Anime Association (RMAA) is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Japanese culture in Colorado. The RMAA sponsors Nan Desu Kan at the Sheraton Denver Downtown and NDK NYE, the New Year’s Eve costume ball, at the Marriott South hotel.