Want to cover NDK?
Thank you for your interest in Nan Desu Kan! Please see our Press Policy and, if applicable, the Photography Vendor page for information and the benefits you will receive if approved. The 2022 Press Application is NOW LIVE. Visit the Press Policy Page to read our Press Badge Requirements, and submit your application.
The Premier Anime Convention of the Rockies
NDK At A Glance
With a total weekend attendance of more than 27,000 (more than 9,000 per day), Nan Desu Kan (a Japanese pun translating loosely to ‘what is it?’) is the largest and longest running anime convention in Colorado and 14 surrounding states (excluding Texas), as well as one of the top 20 largest anime conventions in the country.
- The Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center the 5th and newest hotel in the Marriott Gaylord line, is NDK’s new some starting in 2021.
- NDK 2022 is the convention’s 25th year. It began in 1997 as a 200-attendee festival celebrating anime at the Tivoli on the Auraria college campus in Denver. In 2009, it was featured on CNN.
- NDK is sponsored by the Rocky Mountain Anime Association, a registered 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Meet the RMAA Board.
- Since 2000, NDK has sponsored a charity auction with 100 percent of the proceeds donated to a select organization. In 2011, NDK held a special one-day event for Japanese disaster relief, and matched all funds raised dollar-for-dollar. Rave2Save Japan raised $13,440 (included matched funds).
- A combined $180,000 has been donated to previous worthy recipients: the Japan America Society of Colorado, American Red Cross, Denver Dumb Friends League, Hurricane Harvey Relief, Extra Life, Susan G. Komen Foundation, the American Diabetes Association, Child’s Play, United Way Gulf Recovery Fund, the Japanese Red Cross, Aurora Victim Relief Fund, the American Heart Association, Stomp out Bullying, Colorado FIRST, the Blue Bench, Stop AAPI Hate, and the Maria Counseling Droste Center.
About Nan Desu Kan: Nan Desu Kan (NDK), the largest anime convention in the Rocky Mountain region (excluding Texas), provides a diverse mix of numerous cultural panels, musical guests, games, dances, workshops, art showings and auctions, as well as screenings of new and classic anime. Nan Desu Kan is sponsored by the Rocky Mountain Anime Association. NDK 2022 is September 2-4 at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center, 6700 North Gaylord Rockies Boulevard · Aurora, Colorado 80019 USA. Weekend passes are available online or at the door. Pre-registration is highly recommended, with a special price of $55 for full weekend badges. For the latest news and programming information, visit http://ndkdenver.org.
About Rocky Mountain Anime Association: The Rocky Mountain Anime Association (RMAA) is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Japanese culture in Colorado. The RMAA sponsors Nan Desu Kan at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center, and NDK NYE, the New Year’s Eve costume ball, at the Marriott South hotel. https://rockymountainanime.org