- Do you ship out your badges or T-shirts out before the convention?
- What time is registration open at NDK?
- How can I pay for my on-site registration?
- How much is on-site registration?
- I pre-registered but won’t arrive until after registration closes. Can I still get my badge?
- Who needs a badge?
- Do I still need a badge if I don’t plan to attend any events at NDK?
- What do I need to pick up my pre-registration badge?
- Can I pick up the pre-registration badge for my friend, family member, or child?
- Can I buy an on-site registration for my friend?
- Can I buy a badge for a different day? For example, can I come in Friday to buy a Saturday badge?
- Okay, I’ve got my badge, now what?
- I lost my badge! Help!
- I pre-registered but now can’t make it to NDK. Can I get a refund?
- I pre-registered but now can’t make it to NDK. Can I transfer my badge to someone else?
- My friend or family member pre-registered but couldn’t make it to NDK and I’d like to get their badge for them. Can I?
- When and how can I pre-register for next year?
- Can I get a nickname, character name, or pseudonym on my pre-registration badge?
- I’ve heard that NDK is capping attendance! Will I be able to get in?
Do you ship out your badges or T-shirts out before the convention?
NO. We do not ship anything out before the convention.
What time is registration open at NDK?
|Thursday||7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.||Pre-Registration Badge Pick-up Only|
|Friday||11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.||Pre-Registration Badge Pick-up|
|Friday||1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.||On-Site Registration|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.||Pre-Reg and On-Site|
|Sunday||9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.||Pre-Reg and On-Site|
How can I pay for my on-site registration?
We accept cash and credit cards. No checks, please. Back to Top
How much is on-site registration?
Badges for a single day are $35. Admission for the full weekend is $55. Back to Top
I pre-registered but won’t arrive until after registration closes. Can I still get my badge?
Yes. Attendees who are pre-registered may pick up their badges from Operations during the hours that registration is closed. Back to Top
Who needs a badge?
Anyone six years old or older must have a badge to attend NDK or be on hotel grounds (including outside). Children five and under may attend with an adult who has a badge. Back to Top
Do I still need a badge if I don’t plan to attend any events at NDK?
Yes. Because space is limited and because so many people attend NDK, we require badges for all areas of the hotel during the convention. We simply don’t have the room to accommodate people who come to the hotel because the con is happening, but don’t support the convention. That takes space away from people who paid to be there, which is not fair to them. We will ask people who do not have badges to leave the convention floor- no exceptions. Back to Top
What do I need to pick up my pre-registration badge?
In order to pick up your pre-registration badge, we require a photo ID (Driver’s license, school ID, credit card with your picture on it, passport, etc). It’s also a good idea to bring a copy of the confirmation e-mail you received when you registered. This guarantees a hassle-free entrance to the convention. Back to Top
Can I pick up the pre-registration badge for my friend, family member, or child?
Sure, if you have their photo ID OR their confirmation e-mail OR or a signed letter from them explicitly authorizing you to pick up their badge along with photo ID for yourself. Back to Top
Can I buy an on-site registration for my friend?
Yes, as with any on-site registration make sure your friend’s name is on their badge in case it gets lost. Back to Top
Can I buy a badge for a different day? For example, can I come in Friday to buy a Saturday badge?
Yes. Back to Top
Okay, I’ve got my badge, now what?
We know it’s tempting to run off as fast as you can to see all that NDK has to offer but first take a deep breath and do the following before you leave registration:
- Look at your badge. Neat artwork, huh? Is your name on it? No? You should fix that. Write your name on it. There are pens right there on the registration table.
- Attach your badge securely and visibly to your person. We really do recommend using a lanyard, which can be purchased for $5 at the NDK Merchandise booth.
- Grab a program guide and a schedule, or download Guidebook to your smartphone and search for NDK’s online guidebook.
- Look down at your badge. Is your name on it? No? Really? Write your real name on it. That way, if you lose it and someone turns it on, you can show ID and get it back.
- Enjoy NDK!
I lost my badge! Help!
Did you write your name on it? You should have. We’re happy to check our pile of lost badges for yours and if we find it we’re happy to return it to you. If it hasn’t been turned in, we’ll replace your lost badge one time for a $10 fee. If you find your badge, or you come back later and it’s been turned in, we’ll refund the lost badge fee. We’ll again take this opportunity to suggest putting your badge on a lanyard as insurance against it falling off. Conveniently, the NDK Merchandise booth has fantastic NDK lanyards for less than that nasty lost badge fee. Back to Top
I pre-registered but now can’t make it to NDK. Can I transfer my badge to someone else?
Absolutely. If you know you won’t make it to NDK and want to transfer your badge, we’ll miss you, but we applaud your generosity, just e-mail us at least four weeks before the convention with your information and the information of the person who’s taking your place. If you don’t find out in time to let us know before NDK, just send your friend with a copy of your photo ID and a signed letter letting us know you want them to have your badge and we’ll let them pick it up.
* Please note that you may change the name on a badge once and only once. Back to Top
My friend or family member pre-registered but couldn’t make it to NDK and I’d like to get their badge for them. Can I?
Sure, just get a letter and a copy of their ID from them authorizing you to pick up their badge as described above. Back to Top
When and how can I pre-register for next year?
We are no longer accepting pre-registrations for next NDK on-site. But never fear, from Sunday morning of the convention through the next week, you can register online for the same low price as we accepted on-site. Please note that we no longer accept registrations by mail. Back to Top
Can I get a nickname, character name, or pseudonym on my pre-registration badge?
No. We used to allow this but it caused an awful lot of hassles. From now on the name on your badge must match your photo ID.
Shortened forms of your legal name (Dave instead of David, Angie instead of Angela, etc.) are acceptable, but if you put “Firekitten” as your name in our online registration form, we simply won’t know who to give the badge to. Unless of course your driver’s license actually says Firekitten as well.
*The only exceptions made will be for persons who are in the midst of a legal name change, or transgendered persons who wish to use their preferred name on their badge. In either case, please register with your preferred name, and come to the Pre-registration desk at the convention as usual. Present your legal ID to the registration staffer, and let them know that your preferred name that is on your badge. We get these requests all the time, and are happy to accommodate all of our NDK family, no matter how you identify.
I’ve heard that NDK is capping attendance! Will I be able to get in?
The attendance cap is no longer in effect. With our new hotel, we have room to grow and spread out again! If we ever have to consider a cap again, it shouldn’t be for years. Back to Top