Code of Conduct for Photographers
In order to maintain a safe environment for our attendees, we require all persons acting as a Photographer (anyone possessing a professional grade camera ie. interchangeable lenses, larger than a point-and-shoot) to agree to the following code of conduct:
- Photographers are not staff members and will not represent themselves as NDK Staff nor as an “official NDK photographer”.
- Photographers will not photograph or video anyone without their expressed permission.
- If a costume is risqué in nature, the photographer is responsible for ensuring that the person being photographed is at least 18 years of age.
- Photography or video the Dealers room and Video rooms is not allowed under any circumstances.
- All photography equipment must be hand-held in nature. Freestanding equipment is not allowed on the convention floor or on hotel property. This includes but is not limited to: lighting stands, freestanding backdrops, large props and signs. Final approval will be given by NDK Staff.
- Photographers and their equipment cannot block or impede traffic on the convention floor.
- Drones of any type are not permitted on Hotel property.
This code of conduct can be found at NDK Operations, and photographers who agree will receive a wristband. Photographers who violate the code of conduct may be removed from the convention permanently, and without a refund.
Gaylord Photography Policies
- Photographers are allowed to take photos in the resort’s public space using HAND-HELD equipment only. Equipment cannot extend greater than a 15 inch radius around or above the photographer or subject. Free-standing equipment is not permitted.
- Photographers and/or equipment cannot block any public area or impede the safe traffic flow of others (entrances, exits, hallways, etc.).
- Absolutely no set up of lighting with light stands, ladders, backdrops, large props/signs on the floor, running cords/wires across the floor, etc. will be allowed in public space areas.
- The use of drones is not permitted.
- Attendees and photographers are not permitted in the Back of House (back halls of the resort).
- It is not permitted to take photos of STARS (resort employees) or other hotel guests NOT attending Nan Desu Kan.
- Photography is not permitted in the pool area (Arapahoe Springs).
- Photographers and their subjects (attendees in costume) must also respect the hotel environment by not being disruptive or doing anything unsafe, including but not limited to:
- Standing on furniture
- Climbing on any rock formations or railings
- Climbing on any bronze statues (horses at the front drive, elk in the grand lodge, etc)
- Hanging items from a light pole or any other part of the building
- All photographers MUST have valid Nan Desu Kan credentials (attendee badge).