Nan Desu Kan Social Contract Policies
To support our attendees and ensure a safe happy convention for everyone, we have created the following social contract policies. NDK has a single warning system for policy violations. If you break a rule, you will be spoken to about it, and your badge will be punched once. A second offense will lead to expulsion.
- While NDK strives to entertain attendees of all ages, the convention is mostly intended for those 13 years and over. We try to keep daytime programming acceptable for all ages, but there are many events that are intended for an older audience, such as AMV’s, Burlesque and anything scheduled after 9pm.
- Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian at all times. Guardians maintain complete responsibility for, liability for, and control over their children’s actions and what they see at NDK.
- Respect Hotel staff and policies. If the hotel kicks you out for trashing your room or going into restricted/construction areas, you will be banned from NDK.
- Elevators: Do not jump in the elevators, and please be respectful of elevator capacity and your fellow occupants when riding.
- If you use body paint, please bring your own towels, and do not use the hotel’s. If you ruin hotel linens, you will be charged for it, and the hotel may ban you from staying again.
- Marijuana is illegal on hotel property in any form. If you are found with it, you will be charged with a $250 fine, and may be removed from the hotel.
- Providing alcohol to minors is never ok, and the police will be involved.
- Photos and Video are not permitted in the Dealers Room, Artist Alley, Art Gallery or Video Rooms.
- All photographers who bring in professional-grade cameras MUST check into Ops to sign the Photography Code of Conduct
ADA & Accessibility
At NDK, we do our best to look after each other, and we want to make sure that everyone has accessibility to our panels and mainstage events. If you need extra time to seat yourself for events, please see our Operations Desk to get an ADA Badge. This badge allows you and one (1) companion access to the following seating priorities.
Main Events lines: Attendees with ADA Badges go to the front of the line to find seating first.
Dealers Room line: Attendees with ADA Badges go to the front of the line, but do not get access before Dealers Room opening.
Panel Room lines: Everyone, including attendees with ADA Badges, need to get a Panel Room pass. When an attendee with both an ADA Badge and a Panel Room pass arrives at the panel room, they go to the front of the line to find seating first.
Autograph lines: Due to the timed 15 min windows of Autograph passes, attendees with ADA Badges get no special privileges for these lines.
Any other NDK line: Attendees with ADA Badges go to the front of the line.
If you have questions about service animals, please contact the hotel directly for their service and companion animal policies, and to fill out the appropriate paperwork.