About the Charity
This past year, with your assistance, we've sent almost ¥2 million (yen) to help with Japan's earthquake recovery. NDK NYE will continue that assistance, in association with the We Heart Japan charity group. (Founded by past NDK guests Stephanie Sheh and Steve Yun.)
We'll be donating all charity proceeds to their organization of choice, the Japan Center for International Exchange (JCIE) and the Japan NGO Earthquake Relief and Recovery Fund. JCIE/USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization operating in the United States.
NDK NYE raises money for charity in multiple ways: the games, casino donations and your omikuji (fortunes).
As a non-profit organization, the Japan Center for International Exchange (JCIE) has a long history of promoting international dialogue and cooperation between Japan and other world leaders. Since it is a Japanese organization they are more directly connected with Japanese NGOs and responders. Thus, they're able to channel those efforts effectively.
Half (50%) of all contributions will be sent to the GiveOne initiative, which is providing immediate support to Japanese NGOs.
- Association of Medical Doctors of Asia (AMDA)—Organization of health workers providing medical support and helps rebuild living environments for those who have been impacted by conflict, natural disasters, and poverty.
- Japan Platform—Coalition of 32 humanitarian NGOs working together and with businesses and government agencies to ensure that that humanitarian assistance is provided quickly and effectively.
- JEN—NGO dedicated to building global peace by helping those who have been affected by natural disasters or conflict to get back on their feet again.
- Association for Aid and Relief, Japan (AAR, Japan)—Association providing emergency assistance to those in need around the world.
- PeaceWinds Japan—Humanitarian organization providing support for victims of natural disasters, as well as victims of conflict and poverty around the world.
The remaining half (50%) of funds will be used to support long-term community reconstruction efforts. As Japan is still engaged in the immediate aftermath and disaster response operations, the details of how this money will be allocated is not yet known.