No Entry Fee
Participation in the show is open to any member of the convention staff or volunteer crew as well as any convention attendee. The Model Show at Nan Desu Kan is on a first come, first served basis, so be sure to bring in your entries early!
- Please note that this is an anime con and select your entries accordingly. Science Fiction and Fantasy themed entries are welcome.
- NDK is a family-oriented convention. Please, no entries that do not suit this audience.
- The contest is open to con members, volunteers and staff.
- If a model has placed at a previous NDK model contest, please do not enter it again.
- Please be sure your entries will stand on their own on the display tables.
- If there are enough entries in a category, the category may be split into two or more smaller categories.
- Please pick up your entries, and any prizes you have won, during posted entry pick-up time on Sunday.
Disclaimer: NDK, the hotel & Con staff, and the IPMS/CoMMiES are not responsible for damage to or loss of entries. Although model show staff will safeguard entries to the best of their ability to reduce the possibility of damage or loss, accidents do happen.
Friday: 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to Noon.
Friday: 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Viewing hours are subject to change at the convention.
Awards will be given in the following Model Show categories.
- 1st-3rd in each category, if number of entries permits
- Best Paper Model
- People’s Choice (based on voting by con-goers. Remember to vote!)
- BEOSWL (Best Example of Something We Like, a CoMMiES award)
- Judges’ Best of Show
Judging will be done Saturday after the show closes, and the judges will be selected prior to the show. All awards and prizes can be claimed when the entrants pick up their entries.
- Modelers under the age of 18 have their own category.
- Modelers age 18 and over
- robots & power suits. This category includes Super-Deformed, Gundam and MaK
- real-space and science fiction space vehicles
- atmospheric, ground and sea craft
- Japanese art cars: semis, vans, cars and motorcycles decorated with chrome, lighting, murals, etc.
- animals, dinosaurs, and monsters
- human/humanoid beings
- Anime Girl
- representations of female anime characters
- Painted Minis
- single figures, groups of figures, and armies
- judged in part by the strength of the theme or story