Applying for NDK Press Passes:
Our press policy has changed. Please take a moment to look it over.
Press Passes are available to qualified members of the media covering Nan Desu Kan.
- A press pass gives you access to the entire convention
- A press pass grants preferred seating in Main Events for larger activities
- A photo ID must be presented to obtain your press pass at the convention
- Press Passes are non-transferable
- Press passes will not be mailed
To qualify for an NDK Press Pass, you need to be a media outlet with some history of coverage, or wide regional readership/viewership. In our application, we require that you give us examples of previous coverage and readership.
You can also present any kind of proof that you are part of a nationally recognized media outlet. This can be in the form of a business card, company letterhead, union credentials, membership in the IFJ, a video clip from a news broadcast or a copy of by-lined article published within the past 6 months.
You do not qualify for a press pass if you are:
- A publisher
- A sales representative
- Any other non-journalist
- A freelance photographer not affiliated with a recognized press outlet
- A photographer who sells photos, prints etc. for profit.
- A representative of a web site or fan magazine that does not publish anime news, convention reports, or pursuits inclusive to Japanese culture or interest.
- A representative of a web site or fan magazine which has not been previously reviewed and approved by NDK Press (web sites and fan magazines will NOT be approved at the convention)
As a member of the Press, you are an essential part of the NDK story. We want to share and promote your work, just as you promote our community. As part of this commitment, you are required to submit a copy of your coverage to the NDK Archive department (Located in the NDK Museum), within 3 months of the convention. You can email links or copy here: [email protected].
As your story becomes part of our story, we pledge to represent your work as you intended it: in its entirety, without taking it out of context. You will retain all proper credit.
Press Table and Press Pass Pickup
All Press members must check in at the Press table located in Rocky Square (the area directly behind the Coffee Shop) on the Main Level of the Gaylord Rockies convention center. Press members must wear their press passes at all times. The Press table will be staffed throughout the convention to assist you with any questions you may have.
Failure to follow Procedure or Policy
In the case of a press outlet failing to provide coverage, or breaking NDK policy, NDK reserves the right to revoke Press Passes on an immediate and permanent basis. Press Passes remain the property of the Rocky Mountain Anime Association, and must be surrendered to any NDK Staff member upon request.
Press Application Form
By submitting the Press application, you acknowledge you have read this entire page and fully understand the details described herein. NDK Staff reserves the right, upon review of Press Pass applications, to refuse any potential media representative, and to refuse admission, for any reason.
By submitting a request for a Press Pass, the submitter grants Nan Desu Kan the right to use their name, likeness, and photo, as well as the name and logo of their organization, etc, for promotional purposes.