Author Topic: Chris K. Marriot - Inner Atrium Roommates Needed  (Read 1134 times)

Offline カーツ、クリス

• Passing Fan
  • Otaku Intensity Productions
Chris K. Marriot - Inner Atrium Roommates Needed
« on: September 01, 2012, 03:34:37 pm »
//NOTICE\\ //NOTICE\\ //NOTICE\\ - As of 12 Sept 2012
This room is now full! I can put you on a waiting list but no guarantees.
Thanks for all the offers! Have fun at NDK and don't get a con rush!

Topic:
3 roommate spots available for Nan Desu Kan 2012 Convention
Denver Tech Center Marriot Hotel
Balcony is available for those who want to contest on such.

Self Intro:
Name: Chris K.
Race: Asian
About Me:
1> I am a 2nd time competitor for the tv show "American Ninja Warrior". (3 year parkour experience and 7 year ninja warrior training)
http://video.niconico.com/watch/sm18128319
2> I am one of the coordinators/staff for the "Nan Desu Kan - Dance Dance Revolution 2012 Room".
3> J-Core DJ for the last 2 years and will be playing in the DDR room friday night. (Technically, Saturday Morning)
4> One of the top music and puzzle gamers in the USA. Holds world record for first person to 5 star expert all songs on DJ Hero 2.
(I DO NOT play Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I prefer Japanese puzzle games like ぷよぷよ and Japanese music games like Beatmania IIDX.)
5> All around awesome guy. I won't put any more because now I'm feeling like I'm bragging ^^.

Conditions
Age: This offer is only available for those of the age 17 and up at time of check in. This is to prevent any legal issues with any hotel roommates.
Gender: This room is open to all genders but please note that you may be the only guy, only girl, etc. in the room. It all depends on who asks first.
Reservation: This is a first come first serve basis. All requests must be done to me via PM (Private Message) or E-mail.
Usage Of Balcony: I will NOT be using the balcony so if you are interested in the contest, you are most welcome to.

Payment:
Cost: The cost of the room will be $100 for 3 days (per single person). Check-In will be at your leisure as I will be at the hotel 1 day early to prevent late check-in issues.
Day Zero: For those who want to come a day early, you may add a $25 to your total bill.
Payment Due Date: Payment will be due in cash at check-in for NDK. We would meet in the lobby or such. (Upon acceptance to the room, I'll exchange numbers in such to stay in contact durring the convention). I must receive your payment before you get your room key. I can not accept rain checks or anything as I don't want any roommates skipping on their payment.

Rules:
1> No Alcohol, Illegal Drugs, Smoking, Etc. This is a dry room and this rule is absolute. Note that this includes being under any influence. For the safety of future roommates, I can not authorize the ability to drink or similar actions to happen in a different room and for such guest to still come back in this hotel room. This is not required , but if you're under any special medication, I'd would prefer to be given a heads up so if the worst case scenario occurs, the medic team can act appropriately. (This is more for those medications where if taken or missed, it severely changes your condition of state of mind or body.)
2> No destruction of property. Any destruction goes under my bill and I will press charges if a scenario occurs.
3> No parting. This is a no party room. You may bring friends to help you put on your cosplay, atrium contest, etc. I just don't want a group of random people getting free access to the room. Also, other guests may be sleeping.
4> Be respectful to other roommates. To start off, not everyone has the same ideals. Second, this also includes other roommates possessions. Do not touch other guests belongings.
5> No addition charge room service, pay-per-view movies, safe usage, etc. I do not want such additional charges attached to my room.
6> I request that all roommates have the room fully clean by day 3 @ 11:00. We wil say our final goodbye and ensure that the room is in perfect condition for hotel staff. This includes the balcony and bathroom!
7> All legal rules still apply. Charges will be pressed if any laws are broken. I may be a nice guy but I do not play games with such matters.
8> Have fun! Isn't this the reason everyone is here?

Final Statements:
To start off, sorry for the strictness of the rules and such. I'm actually a laid back guy but I don't like surprises in the bad sense. I have all these rules only because I don't want any "con drama".
If you are interested or if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or contact me at "Chrisketchum1@yahoo.com".

Current Spots Open:
1> Closed (Taken 07 Sept)
2> Closed (Taken 10 Sept)
3> Closed (Taken 12 Sept)

Key:
Closed = Position Taken
Pending = Awaiting Confirmation
Open = Available
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:37:19 pm by Chrisketchum1 »

Offline ariagloris

• Passing Fan
Re: Chris K. Marriot - Inner Atrium Roommates Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:37:15 am »
So I'm asking this here so you don't get bombarded with questions:

You don't state this in your ad, but do you have a medical degree too? Because I figure you'd need it in order to determine what medication was appropriate. I was considering taking you up on your offer, but I was wondering if it would help if I brought my full medical history, as well.

By the way, could you supply documentation to prove that you have the credentials to determine what medication is appropriate?

Offline otter

• Passing Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:49:50 am »
Awesome, I'm glad you're so on top of keeping track of things like your roommate's personal medications. My question is, if I'm on my period, is advil allowed or does that have to be preapproved? Should I report my tampons as well?

Offline カーツ、クリス

• Passing Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 06:39:46 am »
I apologize for the lack of clarification on that matter. I only put that clause there due to previous years where I've had a roommate on Nabilone (I believe?) and his state of mind was "out of it". We (me and roommates) got the medical team for him and since none of of knew he was on medication, it just created alot of un-necessary drama.

Specifically, I can care less about non-prescribed counter medication like advil, tylenol, or even tampons(though not prescribed?). I'm more worried about those medications that severely changes a persons state of body or mind upon being taken or missed. Unfortunately, there are so many medical instances that happen every year, if the medical team requests info about yourself, I can answer appropriately.

I fixed the "clause" in the opening statement. Once again, I apologize for the confusion. I didn't mean for it to escalate like such. I promise I don't want to know everything about you guys. I just want to be able to take appropriate action if the worst case scenario happens. Clearly my wording for such was incorrect and I have fixed it.

(FYI: As for my credentials, I am a CNA(Certified Nurse Assistant). It's not much but I do understand the basics for human health.)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:39:32 am by Chrisketchum1 »

Offline caileyann

• keep calm and party on!
  • Fanfic Author
  • You never know untill you try!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 05:55:11 pm »
You are gunna end up paying for that room alone. No one wants rules like that.
That was a 70 inch, plasma screen t.v. *sigh* How can I help you?

Offline brianca

• Fanfic Author
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 06:06:01 pm »
they seem like reasonable rules.  I don't need a room because I'm lucky enough to live nearby, but nothing there seems too shocking.

Offline Moses

• Passing Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 08:47:28 pm »
4> One of the top music and puzzle gamers in the USA. Holds world record for first person to 5 star expert all songs on DJ Hero 2.
(I DO NOT play Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I prefer Japanese puzzle games like ぷよぷよ and Japanese music games like Beatmania IIDX.)
Yo this is lookin' real inconsistent right here

First you're all "I'm the best at American/European music game DJ Hero 2 HOLD THAT" but then you're like "I don't like non-Japanese music games"? And then you write puyo in japanese but can't be bothered to type out ビートマニアIIDX? What is going on here I don't even

Offline カーツ、クリス

• Passing Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 09:09:13 pm »
Yo this is lookin' real inconsistent right here

First you're all "I'm the best at American/European music game DJ Hero 2 HOLD THAT" but then you're like "I don't like non-Japanese music games"? And then you write puyo in japanese but can't be bothered to type out ビートマニアIIDX? What is going on here I don't even

http://www.yourgamercards.net/games/view/508-dj-hero-2/trophy/20023
To start off, there's proof of the world record. I got a free copy of DJ hero 2 back in E3 2010?. I figured it's a game that I can easily beat and I did. I only gave the game a shot just because there was custom music in the game and since I DJ also. It'd not one of my favorite game but playable for me. (Personal Opinion at this point.)

Second, I love/prefer import games but I'm no where near the world leader boards for those style of games. Doesn't help that I don't have many people to practice with in Colorado.

Third, I never stated "I don't like non-japanese music games." I only stated I don't play rock band or guitar hero.

Fourth, look at import box art for both games. Puyo Puyo is always in hiragana and beatmania is always in romaji/english. (Some exceptions apply.)
Puyo Puyo: http://www.pwned.com/gamecovers/dreamcast/2a607c20ea55050247b193b50fbddd3b-Puyo_Puyo_Fever.jpg
Beatmania: http://www.konami.jp/am/locationtest/bm2dx20/images/main.jpg

(I tried to answer your question the best I can without sounding like an elitest. Sorry if so.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:14:23 pm by Chrisketchum1 »

Offline Azuma

• Passing Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 01:56:22 pm »
Dude your entire first post, and all comments since have sounded elitist. No one cares if you were in American Ninja Warrior or if you are a top music and puzzle gamer. Your participation in NDK's DDR room could mater, as well as your DJing at the con as well because its schedule related and relevant to the convention. But you put up a post to what i would assume is to entice people, but instead you come out looking like a total jerk sending them the opposite way. Many of your rules are very applicable, but same are just a little over the top. If you are that worried about peoples medications, and being able to trust them so much that you wrote an essay on what needs to be done in your room, then maybe you should room with friends and people you know already. But I have a feeling that may be related to why you are looking on here for roommates. . My advice, take it back on the narcissism and calm the ego ever so slightly. Nobody likes an egomaniac, and if you are this excessively boisterous in a online forum, I could only imagine how you would be in person. Take it for what it's worth. If I was you I would delete my post, and start over.

Offline Sarge

• Security Co-Area Head
  • Staff
  • Fan Person
  • We take out the trash
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 02:24:59 pm »
To avoid this becoming a minor flame war, I would like to suggest that this stay nice. That applies to *everyone* of course.

Either you would like details about rooming with Chrisketchum1 and are interested, or you are not.

Please refrain from posting personal information wherever possible for your own safety.
'Sarge' - NDK Security Area Head
"Some people will do anything for the sheer fascination of doing it. Or for fame. Or because they shouldn't." - DEATH